Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEN PARTY 2008


OK- I know I may be better suited to be a party planner. Mike absolutely hates Halloween, but I think it is so much fun. We invited some of Alexa and Harrison's friends over early in the evening on Halloween for a costume party and dinner. We had 35 show up. It was a lot of fun. I learned a few things. Junior high kids don't really want to play games. They immediately went to the farthest corner of the yard to hang out. It was fine. They were all good. We had some fun dinner treats, some costume winners and lots of pictures. Alexa was a Hippy, arlee was a witch, bradley was spiderman and harrison was a Convict. Mike and I wore out tattoos with pride. We had some fun with dry ice and with decorations. This is the third year in a row I have had a party. We'll see how long I can keep it up. The kids had a lot of fun. Happy Halloween.

10 comments:

Mike Taylor said...

You know, she's right I do hate throwing parties...You clean up, youhave a bunch of people over, they leave and you have to clean up all over again. I don't mind going to a good party, I just perfer not to throw the party. Alaina calls me a BAH HUMBUG. I guess she may be right.

Kayla said...

I didn't know you hated Halloween, Uncle Mike! You and Jake share something in common.

Stake Camp Directors said...

Could that girl be any cuter. What a fun mom you are Alaina.

Shalae said...

So creative in the food department. Your kids better love you forever for doing all the preparation for the parties! I know they would anyway! Can't wait to see you guys!

Jonesy said...

Alaina - more power to you throwing a Halloween party - I hate Halloween - too much sugar - costs too much $ - costumes take a ton of time to prepare or they cost a fortune and then the kid changes his mind at the last minute or doesn't like part of it or it's itchy or it's too hot or too cold BLEK ! I'll take 4th of July anytime - one day - a pancake breakfast - family - friends - a great bar-B-Q - a $10 t-shirt from Old Navy. Okay - so there are the occasional sparkler burns but they're over faster than the Halloween weight I put on !! Darned those Reeses peanut butter cups !!

Christa said...

Looks like a fab. party!!

Memzy said...

WOW. I think you get the best mom award of the year. FOR SURE.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Looks like fun! You know my theory is to have the party at your house so you know what your kids are doing! Keep on doing it as long as you can! You're an awesome MOM!

Things I Love: said...

Boy alaina, you sure do know how to throw a party. I'm with Mike on this one though. You clean up to mess up to clean up. But it looks like everyone had a great time! BTW I added you to my blog!

Shaun and Aimee said...

Looks like so much fun!